Enterprise Development Coordinator
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit organization that operates abroad, in the context of humanitarian aid and development cooperation. It is a respected member of the international network Caritas Internationalis. Its foreign activities focus on the health and social sectors and also on developing livelihood for the local population and education of children and adults.
For its recently established mission in Iraq, CCR is looking for an Enterprise Development Coordinator in the sector of sustainable agriculture with strong experience in support to business development, start-ups, enterprise and micro-business development as well as good knowledge and connections to relevant stakeholders in the sector.
Enterprise and Business Development
- mapping of potential business opportunities under agriculture sector in KRG: collection of ideas for start-up or and enterprise acceleration projects
- developing the processes for business/enterprise development support, selection criteria
- providing consultations and support to entrepreneurs or to-be entrepreneurs in developing their feasibility studies and business plans
- coordination of market analyses
- participation in selection process for business plans to be supported under the project
- coordinating technical and business support (consultations, trainings) to entrepreneurs
- identifying potential opportunities for synergic cooperation with other companies, NGOs and public institutions
- facilitating access to the programmes target group: 1) refugees, IDPs and vulnerable member of the host communities with a potential to establish and run a micro-business; 2) owners of small and medium sized enterprises in the sector of agriculture with a potential to scale up and creation of new jobs
- identifying potential trainers, consultants and experts in the sectors of business development, business administration, marketing, law and agriculture
- managing project activities as defined by the project plan within the given scope, time frame and budget
- monitoring potential risks and suggesting changes in the project in cooperation with the Head of Mission
- managing small project team and assuring smooth implementation
- experience in the field of business/enterprise development for at least 3 years
- experience in capacity building, trainings and counselling
- An In-depth knowledge of Iraqi Kurdistan business sector and agriculture sector: regulations, general practices, key players and access to them
- local staff is preferred
- language skills: excellent English, Arabic and Kurdish
- good organizational skills and ability to analyse information
What we offer
- attractive salary depending on candidate’s profile and performance
- 21 days of vacations per year
- opportunity to work on an interesting developmental project and gain valuable experience
- background of a stable organization with a long experience in the field of humanitarian aid and development cooperation
- expected length of employment: April to December 2017 with possibility of extension
How to apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the e-mail address email@example.com. The application must include a 1-page motivation letter and a maximum 2-page CV.
The applications should be submitted the latest by 31th May.
As the subject of e-mail please insert exactly “Enterprise Development Iraq”
Attachments must be named as following:
Last name of applicant, name, name of position – CV
Last name of applicant, name, name of position – motivation letter
NOTICE: Only applications labelled correctly will be accepted for consideration. Only candidates selected to the next round will receive response from the representative of CCR. The selection procedure may be changed or cancelled anytime.