Finance and Admin Officer
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit organization that operates abroad, in the context of humanitarian aid and development cooperation. It is a respected member of the international network Caritas Internationalis. Its foreign activities focus on the health and social sectors and also on developing livelihood for the local population and education of children and adults.
For its recently established mission in KRG/Iraq, CCR is looking for a Finance and Admin Officer who would support practical aspects of running the office.
- Enters all financial transactions into the accounting system
- Keeps accounting books in compliance with the valid legal norms of KRG/Iraq;
- Makes sure that the data are in compliance with physical documentation;
- Checks the financial report from partner organization(s) and their compliance with scanned documents provided by partners (the accountant is mainly responsible for checking the correctness of the accounting document provided by partner and the proper functioning of the excel sheet and its formulas);
Physical documentation (financial)
- Archives original documents for all projects;
- Checks the supporting documentation from partner organization(s);
- Prepares the scanned version of all finance related physical documents (CCR) on monthly basis.
- Archives the scanned documentation (CCR and partner organizations);
Salaries and other payments
- Prepares the monthly payroll, ensures salary payment to national staff by bank transfers or in cash, ensures remitting the payroll deductions according to regulations
- Prepare regular reports for the Tax Office (according to KRG/Iraqi laws);
- Prepare payment orders for rent, electricity, telephone, internet and other services related to office;
- Makes sure that any operation is carried out only when appropriate financial documents have been prepared and duly signed and complete supporting documents (as per the Financial Manual for Mission) have been attached.
- Makes sure that shared costs are covered from all projects proportionally.
- Prepares and updates spending plan for office operation costs (including salaries).
- Responsible for management of bank accounts including online access if available. Processes bank transfers and corresponding payment orders
- Responsibility for CCR Mission assets and material and their proper and updated inventory
- In cooperation with the Head of Mission
- Paying out advances and their settlement and responsibility for Mission cashbox
- CCR country program development
- Facilitation in preparation of new project budgets (in cooperation with the Head of Mission, Regional manager and local staff)
- Cooperation on the Financial manual for Mission preparation; Responsibility for Financial manual for Mission compliance with current KRG/Iraq legislation
Office management and administrative support
- Providing regular administrative support beyond the scope of finances
- Assisting with minor tasks related to office management
- at least 2 year experience in accounting preferably with INGO
- An in-depth knowledge of Iraqi and KRG accounting law and practices
- local staff is preferred
- Language skills: excellent English, excellent either Arabic or Kurdish with the second language on an intermediate level. Ability to write and read in both Arabic and Kurdish.
- good organizational skills, orientation on detail
What we offer
- attractive salary depending on candidate’s profile and experience
- vacation 21 days per year
- opportunity to work on an interesting developmental project and gain valuable experience
- background of a stable organization with a long experience in the field of humanitarian aid and development cooperation
- expected length of employment: April 2017 to March 2018 with possibility of extension
How to apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the e-mail address email@example.com. The application must include a 1-page motivation letter and a maximum 2-page CV.
The applications should be submitted the latest by 29th March.
As the subject of e-mail please insert exactly “Finance and Admin Officer”
Attachments must be named as following:
Last name of applicant, name, name of position – CV
Last name of applicant, name, name of position – motivation letter
NOTICE: Only applications labelled correctly will be accepted for consideration. Only candidates selected to the next round will receive response from the representative of CCR. The selection procedure may be changed or cancelled anytime.