Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit organization that operates abroad, in the context of humanitarian aid and development cooperation. It is a respected member of the international network Caritas Internationalis. Its foreign activities focus on the health and social sectors and also on developing livelihood for the local population and education of children and adults.
Caritas Czech Republic operates in the Middle East region since 2012. For its recently established mission in Iraq, CCR is looking for a Programme Coordinator with a strong experience in project management in the context of humanitarian aid – especially in the sector of Food Security and Livelihoods.
- overall management and coordination of projects – ensuring results and objectives as per project documents are achieved within the given budget and time-plan
- coordination of the multi-partner project teams
- planning and monitoring of project activities
- risk management of the ongoing project – regularly assessing risks and suggesting mitigation measures
- ensuring proper in-country PR and visibility
- reporting and administration: internal reporting, developing reports for donors, collecting and archiving sources of verification
- analysing overall development in humanitarian needs, interventions and security environment with potential impact on the ongoing projects, if needed, suggesting changes in projects
- contributing to the development of the CCR strategy for Iraq – with focus on food security and livelihoods
- designing and conducting needs assessment, monitoring overall development in humanitarian needs, especially in the sector of FSL
- regular presence and representation of CCR at the cluster system – primarily in the FSL cluster
- identifying project opportunities in line with the CCR’s country strategy
- proposal writing
- identifying potential partnership opportunities, capacity assessment of potential partners
- experience in project management for at least 2 years
- experience in proposal writing and reporting to institutional donors
- experience in one of the following fields is desired: food security in emergencies, livelihoods, business development, micro-granting for business-start-ups, vocational education,
- experience of working in a developing country, experience of working in Middle East region desired
- excellent English both written and spoken, Arabic is desired
- university graduate is desired, ideally management, economics, business management, sustainable development or other relevant field
- good organizational skills and ability to analyse information
- motivation, creativity and ability to work independently
- ability to work in a diverse team, managing stressful situations and results orientation
- strong interest in the work of Caritas Czech Republic
What we offer
- gross monthly salary within a range of 2000 to 3000 EUR depending on candidate’s profile and performance
- covered accommodation, travel insurance/health insurance, two return tickets per year to home country
- 25 days of vacation in addition to official public holidays (10 week days in 2017).
- pre-deployment and on-site health, psychological and security support
- possibility of self-actualisation
- extension of knowledge through practical experience and participation in meaningful projects in the Middle East region
- an opportunity to work with a wide range of non-governmental organizations
- background of a stable organization with a long experience in the field of humanitarian aid and development cooperation
How to apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the e-mail address email@example.com. The application must include a 1-page motivation letter and a maximum 2-page CV.
There is no deadline for submission. As long as the vacancy is open, interested candidates are invited to submit their applications. Due to continuous collection and assessment of applications, candidates are invited to apply as soon as possible.
As the subject of e-mail please insert “Programme Coordinator Iraq”
Attachments must be named as following:
Last name of applicant, name, name of position – CV
Last name of applicant, name, name of position – motivation letter
NOTICE: Only applications labelled correctly will be accepted for consideration. Only candidates selected to the next round will receive response from the representative of CCR. The selection procedure may be changed or cancelled anytime.