Country Representative in Ukraine
Tel.: 731 679 100 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel.: 731 679 100 E-mail: email@example.com
Name of position: Country Representative
Expected length of employment: 12 months with possibility of extension (long-term contract strongly preferred)
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Lviv, Ukraine
Start date: ASAP
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit organization that operates abroad in the context of humanitarian aid and development cooperation. It is a respected member of the Caritas Internationalis network. Its foreign activities focus on the health and social sectors and also on developing livelihood for the local population and education of children and adults.
I have decided to write this personal letter as Caritas Czech Republic significantly expands the volume of its programmes in Ukraine due to the ongoing large-scale armed conflict and its impact on civilians.
In order to ensure overall quality of implementation on the ground and smooth cooperation with local partners we introduce a position of Country Representative in Ukraine, who will establish and develop the mission in Ukraine.
In order to achieve this goal, we need your experience and skills. We are looking for a colleague who can think strategically, proactively search for functional solutions and at the same time (in the near future) be a good supervisor to smart people who are in charge of specific programmes, projects or have other agenda. A responsible, open-minded person able to cooperate efficiently with our local colleagues and partners, easygoing and enthusiastic personality capable to ensure continuous growth of a mission and motivation of the team.
If you have experience on a comparable position in an organization, are a good manager able to motivate staff, are strong in project proposal writing and developing productive relationships with partners ad donors, you are the right person for us.
We can offer you respect for your work, a very open and fair approach, dynamic environment with space for creative approach, trust and joy that things are moving forward. The financial reward will not be as high as in large organizations, but perhaps it will be ok for you.
I believe you will become a great member of our international team and we will be able to work together to make things move forward.
So, what do you think? Will you join us? Please send us your CV and your letter of motivation in return. I will personally read each of them.
Head of Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid Department*
Country Representative (CR) is responsible for the strategic development of the country program in line with ensuring productive and smooth relationships with key parters, overall administration of the mission and quality control in the implementation and monitoring of the country program. More specifically, the CR will be tasked with the following:
Strategic development of country programme
· Formulate and update CCR emergency response strategy in line with the changing context;
· Develop the CCR country portfolio, including but not limited to securing new funding;
· Build conditions for expansion of CCR country program to new sectors;
· Monitor the humanitarian, socio-economic, political and security situation in the country leading to the identification of existing and emerging needs and proactively propose further CCR interventions;
· Keep abreast with donors’ strategies, develop strategic partnerships with donors and present CCR’s country strategies and achievements;
· Provide leadership in formulating project proposals in line with the country context and the CCR country strategy.
· Develop productive relationship with key partners on the ground
General management and coordination
· Provide overall management of the country program in line with the CCR internal regulations;
· Ensure quality controls are in place in all CCR country projects;
· Coordinate with the country and Head Office teams to ensure the country program fulfills all in-country legal requirements;
· Participate in regular visits of field-based activities;
· Provide support to and oversight of local partnerships in line with technical and ethical regulations of CCR (including but not limited to regular meetings with partners);
· Provide regular updates on the progress of the country program to both the mission team and the CCR Head Office;
· Ensure all staff members and visitors follow security rules and adhere to the organizational Code of Conduct.
Human resources management
· Provide administrative oversight of human resource management within the country team;
· Support professional development of the CRR country team;
· Ensure performance reviews are carried out by line-managers in the country team;
· Adopt and encourage a pro-active approach to addressing and resolving any HR-related issues in a transparent and positive approach;
· Plan and provide oversight of the recruitment of new mission level personnel, including permanent staff, volunteers and technical consultants.
· Regularly review the country mission cash flow and develop expenditure forecasts;
· Ensure regular monthly follow-ups are duly prepared at the project level and analyzed at the mission level leading to prompt resolution of identified challenges and problems;
· Ensure procurement policies are followed at all times as per the CCR Procurement Manual.
· Outline and implement a strategic partnership development plan;
· Participate in relevant coordination meetings and update all relevant stakeholders on the CRR mission and country programme;
· Update the Embassy of the Czech Republic about current and planned activities;
· Ensure the country mission has updated communication materials;
· Lead any donor meetings in the country and provide support during external visits.
Qualified candidates may send their applications to e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. The application must include a 1-page motivation letter and a maximum 4-page CV. As the subject of e-mail please insert “Country Representative for Ukraine".
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.